Brainworth is a browser based educational game environment that seeks to make education as engaging as possible. Our first educational content uses rich games to teach people artifical intelligence programming in python.
Our team is primarily current and former Sydney University programming students and we have run major projects in the past.
Working on a Brainworth project requires a deed of assignment and confidentiality, to comply with our funding conditions. In some cases we may be able to open source some of the material you create.
- Visual Programming Tool for Python implemented in HTML5
- HTML5 Client (if you love HTML5. We supply the artwork and graph layout code)
- Small Educational Game (AI / python programming related, fairly free choice)
Make a Visual Programming Tool for Python, implemented in HTML5
Make a visual programming tool, that outputs valid clean python code. The purpose of this tool is to allow people new to programming to become familiar with the concepts using a point and click or touch based interface. The tool should output python, so later users will be able to work with the code directly.
Take some inspiration from:
- Google's Blockly
- "Blockly is a web-based, graphical programming editor. Users can drag blocks together to build an application. No typing required."
- MIT’s scratch (just thecode editor part)
Make an HTML5 Client for Brainworth
Some said it can’t be done, some said it’s the only way. Put your HTML5 mettle to the test and rebuild the Brainworth Client in HTML5!
No need to build the graph layout algorithms, we’ll take care of those.
Make a Small Educational Game
The game only needs to run on Chrome for now, and be able to run on Safari/Firefox later (ie. use web standards and just test on Chrome).
If you do a great job we'll supply artists, actors, etc. to make everything more impressive.
The game should teach students how to make one of the following, (or we can discuss an alternative).
- Introductory Python
- classification, or other AI related topics
- predator avoidance
- steering AI, eg. http://www.red3d.com/cwr/steer/
- Game of life or similar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conway's_Game_of_Life
- Poker bot
- Chess AI
- Go (just kidding)
Game Game (Gameception)
- Teach people how to make a Brainworth game, with a game
- Teach people the programming an NLP (natural language processing) skills to produce a bot that can appear human.
- space (eg. planets, etc.)
- web cam jokes - make someone wear a hat, etc.
- auto tag photos
Some programming related games to inspire you
- LightBot 2.0